Why water is good for your health ... and your kidneys!
Posted on Wednesday, April 24 2019 10:50:00 AM in News by Narelle Pines
From a young age, we are actively encouraged by all adults in our life to drink more water. Take in more water, keep your fluid levels high. This will help you to concentrate and to make sure you can stay refreshed mentally and physically. However, there is more to drinking water in terms of the long-term benefits than it simply being good for helping us to stay nice and refreshed. Indeed, just some of the reasons why you should up your water intake includes:
- Stopping you eating so much. If you have issues with your weight, then water is a great way to help suppress the appetite. If you eat a lot of calories, then water helps you to feel fuller so that you are less likely to need to keep on eating.
- Keep a better day-to-day balance. Our bodies need water, despite being made up of around 60% water in the first place. The more water that you take in, the more likely it is that your body will be able to function effectively on a day-to-day basis due to having a better balance of fluid in the system.
- Keep your kidneys healthy. One of the most important reasons why you should drink more water, though, is that it can help to keep your kidneys refreshed and effective. Your kidneys need to be in good shape to fight off toxins and other illnesses, so keep that in mind. With more water, your body is going to be able to use the fluid it has whilst allowing your body to rid itself of damaging toxins via your urination.
- It’s not just the kidneys. Getting a lot of water into the system also helps with problems like gastrointestinal discomfort and can also allow for a happier, healthier and more consistent form of bowel movement.
- Water hydrates the skin, too. While our skin is made up of a lot of water, it does need to retain regular hydration to avoid things like wrinkles forming to excess. If you stay hydrated, your body can excrete excessive fluid levels via your kidneys, avoiding your skin from becoming dried out and otherwise damaged moving forward.
So, what is the first thing that you should do when you want to get into better physical and mental shape? Drink more water!
View our range of water purifiers at https://genzonwater.com/collections/purifiers