Warm Winter Salad
This simple and warm winter salad has the sweet yet spicy flavours that allow it to be served on its own or with your favourite main dish.
100 g quinoa
250 g purple sprouting broccoli
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon runny honey
extra virgin olive oil
200 g mixed-colour kale
30 g blanched hazelnuts
1. Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain.
2. Place a large frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat.
3. Trim the broccoli and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (in batches if you need to), turning occasionally, until slightly charred.
4. To make a dressing, squeeze the juice of 1 orange into a small bowl.
Mix in the tahini, red wine vinegar, honey and 2 tablespoons of oil, then season to taste and set aside.
5. Remove and discard any hard stalks from the kale, placing the leaves in a large bowl. With your hands, massage in a pinch of salt for 1 minute.
6. Once the broccoli has charred, add to the kale and tip over half the dressing. Add the quinoa and toss together.
7. Put the pan you used to cook the broccoli back over a high heat and toast the hazelnuts until golden, then roughly chop.
8. Add a little more dressing to the salad, toss again, then arrange on a large serving platter.
9. Peel the remaining orange, slice into rounds and scatter over the salad.
Tip over the chopped toasted hazelnuts and serve straight away, with
any remaining dressing on the side.
View our range of water purifiers at