Genzon prides itself in delivering the best quality water source to its customers, whilst maintaining environmental consciousness. In doing so, Genzon advocates the use of glass water bottles. Genzon toughened glass drink bottles are made from high tempered borosilicate glass, making them lighter, more adaptable to heat and cold, dishwasher safe and are able to be frozen unlike machine made glass (i.e. wine & beer bottles) and come with a safe, silicone sleeve.
Plastic contains toxic chemicals and heavy metals such as bisphenol A (BPA) and Aluminum which leach into water. Many of these compounds are carcinogenic. Additionally plastic can change the structure of the water molecule altering taste and aroma.
Plastics degrade, so chemicals from the manufacturing process interact with the water changing the chemical composition of the water and effectively re-polluting the water.
Glass contains no imperfections and is not porous therefore does not illicit chemical interactions or leeching to occur into beverages contained. Beverages are kept pure.
Glass is 100% recyclable with no loss of quality or purity to the glass upon the recycling process.
Produced from naturally abundant sand.
Plastic bottles are made of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) derived from crude oil. 250ml of PET and 3 litres of water are required to produce 1litre bottle of water. Despite being recyclable, a great proportion of plastics bottles end up in landfill, taking up to 1000 years to break down.
The process of bringing bottled creates over 60,000 tonnes greenhouse gases/year in Australia alone. For every ton of PET produced, 3 ton of carbon dioxide is released.
Glass on the other hand can be recycled and ready for reuse within 30 days
The process involves;
- Crude oil and water to produce PET
- Fossil fuels (fuel ) for transportation costs
- Energy in refrigeration both transport and storage
- More plastic in packaging
- Storage costs
Further benefits of Glass
- Dishwasher safe
- Water or other beverage is cooler for longer
- Environmentally conscious , reduce landfill, energy costs to bring bottled water to market
- Toughened glass and silicon sleeve prevents bottles from smashing or chipping
- Plastic (PET) is associated with estrogen and testosterone imbalances
- Glass is the only food packaging material granted ‘GRAS’ status for safety, the highest standard FDA grant
- Glass is 100% recyclable and maintains quality and purity throughout the process
- Glass can be recycled within 30days. An average of 80% of glass bottles are made of recycled glass